Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Business opportunity: proofreading phishing email


















I wonder if you could make any money proofreading Phishing emails? Don't you suppose these people know at least one person that speaks and writes correct english? Look at this spam I got today. (best to view if you right click and open it in another window or tab).


Sentence fragments. Mis-spelling (Miss-match). Non-standard usage "match your ... Answers rightly".

If it wasn't that these people are trying to steal your money and identity, I think you could make some money proofreading these and editing them to sound a bit more plausible.

1 comment:

Eastside Business said...

That's kind of funny Geoff! I notice that sort of thing in many phishing emails I get every day.

To me it just confirms that they are probably coming from overseas.

But then again, I publish a newzpaper and still tend to mispel stuff all the tim.